Application & Admissions FAQ

Application & Admissions FAQ

Can both European and non-European students apply to the EIT Digital Master's Education?


How do I apply to the EIT Digital Master School?

Please see the instructions here.

What do I do if I have problems creating a user account at the EIT Digital Application Portal?

Please contact us through

Do I have to pay an application fee?

No. There is no application fee for the EIT Digital Master’s Education.

What is the difference between application period 1 and 2? May I apply in both periods?

In period 1 you can apply to a maximum of 2 programmes, but you can choose the option to accept other alternatives in case you are not admitted to your preferred programmes but your profile still fits other programmes. In period 2 you can apply for one programme only. Period 2 is aimed mostly at EU students who do not need to apply for a residence permit. Please be advised that it is not allowed to register two applications, i.e. to apply both in period 1 and period 2.

How many Technical Programmes can I apply to?

You can apply to one Technical Programme and express interest in a second. You can however choose your first, second and third preference for entry and exit university.

I am in my final year of studies. Can I still apply to the EIT Digital Master's Education?

Students in their final year of undergraduate education may also apply and if qualified, receive a conditional offer. If you have not completed your studies, please include a written statement from the degree administration office (or equivalent department), confirming that you are enrolled on the final year of your education and giving your expected completion date. If you receive a conditional offer, you should present your degree certificate to your entry university before enrollment at the latest. Applicants following longer technical programmes and who have completed courses equivalent to an amount of 180 ECTS, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Which length of the degree should I indicate in the application if I studied 1 year less/more than the official study period?

An applicant should state the official length of the degree. If this is a 4-year bachelor’s degree, you should state 4 years even if the actual studies took less time (e.g. you completed your bachelor’s degree in 3 years).

Should I upload certified copies or original documents in the EIT Digital Application Portal?

Please upload the original version of your degree certificate and transcript of records. If this is not possible, photo copies of your degree certificate, transcript of records and statements should be stamped and signed by the degree administrations office (or equivalent department) of the issuing institution, or by a Notary Public. Applications that are not supported by official documents will not be processed. Statements made by professors or the heads of departments are not accepted.

Do I need to send hard copies of my documents?

You do not need to send hard copies of the application documents, unless your degree was awarded in Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, or USA. Then an official transcript of records must be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the issuing university. Degrees awarded in Pakistan need to be attested by the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan. Colour copies are accepted but they must bear the original HEC stamp and not a copy of the stamp. The verified documents must be sent in an envelope sealed by HEC. 

The documents should be sent to:

KTH Admissions Office
Att: EIT Digital Master School Office
Brinelllvägen 8
SE-100 44 Stockholm

How should the HEC-verified documents be sent from Pakistan to the Admissions Office?

Each page of the transcript of records and the degree certificate has to be stamped and signed by HEC. In case of on-going studies, the current/latest version of your transcript of records only must be stamped and signed by HEC.

You can send the HEC envelope to us using a courier service of your choice. You should put the sealed HEC envelope into a new envelope. The HEC envelope should be closed and untampered with. The Admissions Office in Sweden must receive the documents by the deadline, i.e. by February 3, 2020. 

Can I translate the application documents myself?

No. A translation of official documents (Transcripts and Degree certificate) must be made by a licensed translator.

Is there a specific format for the CV?

No. There is no specific format for the CV.

Is there a specific format for the motivation letter?

In your motivation letter, we would like you to discuss or propose an entrepreneurial idea, with one page of summary and one additional page for details. The thought is that you should write a personal letter which communicates your personal interest and attitude towards technology and entrepreneurship, which are key features of the EIT Digital Master's education. It should "prove your innovative potential", as is stated in the instructions for application documents.

Should I write a different motivation letter for the second programme I am applying to?

We highly recommend that you include a motivation letter for the second programme of your choice because it will improve your chances of getting admitted. Please observe that the same entrepreneurial idea can be developed in the two motivation letters for the two programmes. You can merge the two letters into 1 pdf file. However, if you fail to provide the second motivation letter, it does not automatically mean that your application to the second programme will be rejected. You will still be considered together with the other applicants.

My professor would like to send the recommendation letter directly to the Admissions Office. Is it possible?

Yes. Your supervisor or professor may send the recommendation letter directly to 

Can I submit a copy of my TOEFL score report? I am afraid it won’t reach you until after the deadline for submitting documents.

All TOEFL tests must be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS). The institution code of EIT Digital Master School Office is "0210". You must provide this code in order for your results to be reported to us.

Please observe that it can take up to six weeks for ETS to have your score report delivered. Examinee score reports or photocopies are not accepted. We cannot guarantee that your application will be processed if no English score is uploaded by the deadline of February 3, 2020. However, we encourage you to submit your application anyway and add the English test results as soon as possible. 

I have all my required documents ready except for my TOEFL scores. Can I submit my TOEFL score after the deadline?

You cannot submit your TOEFL score after the deadline. The application deadline is the same for all application documents.

I wonder how to submit my IELTS test result: do I ask my test center to send it to you, or should I upload an attested copy?

You can upload a copy of the IELTS result together with your other documents. The copy does not have to be attested. IELTS tests are verified online by the admissions office, so uploadding a photocopy of your test results is sufficient.

My B.Sc programme was in English but I have not taken an IELTS or TOEFL test. Do I have the requirements for English proficiency?

English proficiency tests are waived (not required) for applicants who:

  • have completed a higher education degree instructed in English at a university or a university of applied sciences in an EU/EEA country. The official language of the degree programme has to be stated in the degree certificate or its supplement, or in the transcript of records. Statements are not accepted. Other documentation regarding language of instruction will not be accepted.
  • have completed a degree instructed in English at a university that is physically located in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.

Some of the entry universities have additional tests or exemptions. Please see the information given under "Admission Requirements".

Please note that if you fulfil the requirements of an Entry University but not the general English proficiency requirements, this may have implications on your eligibility for some of the exit universities.

I am a native English speaker, what should I upload as proof of English proficiency?

If your bachelor's degree is from an English-speaking country, please upload your bachelor's diploma under the B2 tab "English proficiency". 

More on English language requirements here: (scroll down to “Proof of English language proficiency”)

I don’t have a GPA or a relative ranking. What do I do?

It is not mandatory to submit GPA or relative ranking. Please do not calculate your own GPA if it is not stated in your transcripts or degree certificate. In some cases the ranking is stated in the transcripts, but you can also try to request this information from the administration of your university.

If I applied last year but was not admitted, will it affect my chances in the current application round?

The fact that you had already applied previously will have no direct negative effect on your chances of getting admitted this time. One competes with other applicants within each application round. It means that your chances of being admitted depend not only on your own academic merits and professional achievements but also on merits and achievements of the rest of the students applying at the same time.

Who selects the students for the EIT Digital Master’s Education?

The application and selection process is coordinated from Sweden by KTH Admissions Office and the EIT Digital Master School Office.

The Technical Major Programme Committee checks if you fulfil the specific admission requirements for your technical major. They also rank the applicants.

What are the selection criteria?

The ranking is based on a total evaluation of the following criteria:

  • Suitability of acquired bachelor degree for intended study program
  • Academic excellence (Quality and recognition of home university, Study success)
  • Entrepreneurial excellence
  • Innovative potential

Please be aware that becoming accepted to a technical programme does not guarantee that you will be assigned to your mobility option preference. Selected applicants will be offered a study track based on preference and availability. If an applicant cannot be offered a seat in the preferred study track an alternative track will be offered.

When and how will I know if I have been accepted to the EIT Digital Master’s Education and if I have been granted a tuition fee waiver?

Please see the deadlines here.

If I am accepted to the EIT Digital Master’s Education does this mean I will receive a tuition fee waiver?

No. A student can be admitted even if he/she is not chosen to receive a tuition fee waiver.

© 2010-2020 EIT Digital IVZW. All rights reserved. Legal notice.