Master School Kick-Off 2018
Three days in Paris for newly enrolled EIT Digital Master School students
Paris startup scene to inspire tomorrow's innovators and entrepreneurs
More than 400 new international students of the EIT Digital Master School will meet for a three-day Kick-Off in Paris from 25 October to 27 October.
The new Master School students will be inspired by a challenging, yet rewarding programme in Paris, taking place at the Sorbonne Université, one of the EIT Digital Academy educational partners. The EIT Digital Kick Off is the sixth Kick-off in a row of six years and marks the get-go of Europe's premiere education programme for the innovation and entrepreneurial talent of the future.
Students from different cultural, educational, religious and national, backgrounds will be tasked to think and pitch in teams innovative tech solutions in a realistic business competition. This has to be done in just three days. Working together in such a pressure cooker, lays down the foundations of a firm and intense pan-European network.
The EIT Digital Master School students are in one of the eight technical master school programmes. They study in two different top universities in two different countries. During the two-year course, students complete a work placement as well as a two-week Summer School programme. In total students could visit within two years about five countries. Graduates of the EIT Digital Master School programme will be rewarded with a double master's degree coupled with a certificate from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
Read more about last year's Kick-Off:
- 'Leerzaam, vermoeiend, druk en echt heel erg vet', Utoday, the magazine of the University of Twente. (Dutch)
- 'Data is food for Artificial Intelligence', interview with Risto Siilasmaa, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nokia, who gave a speech at last years kick-off and says: "Nokia aims to hire (…) technology experts with a business mindset - like EIT Digital Master School graduates."
- Un bac+5 European pour former des champions du numérique, Le Monde (French)
- EIT Digital Master School #KickOff17 speech, Jyrki J.J. Kasvi, member of the Finnish Parliament and chair of Espoo City Council, who gave a speech to direct and inspire the new students during the kick-off in 2017
- Un master pan-europeo per i lavori di domani, La Stampa (Italian)