Master School Kick-Off 2019
Kick-Off the EIT Digital Master school in Trento
Kick-Off new academic year EIT Digital Master School in Italy’s innovation city Trento
On 25 and 26 October 2019 is the Kick-Off of the EIT Digital Master School. This official opening of the new academic year for our master school students, will be held in Trento. About 400 students - admitted to one of the seven EIT Digital Master School programmes - from all over the world, come together to the hilly area of Trento to meet, learn and work.
The new Master School students will be inspired by a challenging, yet rewarding programme in Trento, taking place at the University of Trento, one of the EIT Digital Academy educational partners. The EIT Digital Kick Off is the seventh Kick-off in a row of seven years and marks the get-go of Europe's premiere education programme for the innovation and entrepreneurial talent that Europe needs to build a strong digital Europe
Students from different cultural, educational, religious and national, backgrounds will be tasked to think and pitch in teams, innovative tech solutions in a realistic business competition. This has to be done in just two days. Working together in such a pressure cooker, lays down the foundations of a firm and intense pan-European network.
The EIT Digital Master School students are in one of the seven technical master school programmes. They study in two different top universities in two different countries. During the two-year course, students complete a work placement as well as a two-week Summer School programme. In total students could visit within two years about five countries. Graduates of the EIT Digital Master School programme will be rewarded with a double master's degree coupled with a certificate from the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
Read more about previous held Kick-Offs:
- Bright minds of work in city of lights, Utoday, the magazine of the University of Twente
- Masterschool wil veel talent binnenhalen, Utoday, the magazine of the University of Twente (Dutch)
- “De ingenieur van de toekomst heeft ook maatschappelijke kwaliteiten”, Interview met Jan Mengelers, chairman of the Technical University in Eindhoven, that has been published on our site and on InnovationsOrigin
- This Dutch student wants to make autonoous things sexier and show that they are not dangerous. Interview with student at last year's Kick-Off on the platform Silicon Canals.
- 'Leerzaam, vermoeiend, druk en echt heel erg vet', Utoday, the magazine of the University of Twente (Dutch)
- 'Data is food for Artificial Intelligence', interview with Risto Siilasmaa, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nokia, who gave a speech at last years kick-off and says: "Nokia aims to hire (…) technology experts with a business mindset - like EIT Digital Master School graduates."
- Un bac+5 European pour former des champions du numérique, Le Monde (French)
- EIT Digital Master School #KickOff17 speech, Jyrki J.J. Kasvi, member of the Finnish Parliament and chair of Espoo City Council, who gave a speech to direct and inspire the new students during the kick-off in 2017
- Un master pan-europeo per i lavori di domani, La Stampa (Italian)