Cybersecurity has been called the greatest threat to every company in the world. As the world becomes increasingly autonomous and tech-driven, this threat will only continue to grow. And if addressing the threat itself wasn’t enough, companies will also need to comply with an increasingly complex set of data protection rules and regulations.
All of this requires that companies have access to a digitally equipped pool of talent. Unfortunately, with 35% of the European workforce having low to no digital skills, this is easier said than done.
This is where EIT Digital comes into play. With our Cybersecurity programme, you’ll not only build the skills to compete for these often high-paying jobs, you will also gain the confidence to help drive the transformation towards a safer, more secure digital world.
What you will gain
Our interdisciplinary programme is designed to give you a general overview of the role that cybersecurity plays in creating a safe and inclusive digital society. It also equips you with practical skills in, for example, blockchain technologies, crypto currencies, ethical hacking, and quantum cryptography.
We use a combination of face-to-face workshops, group activities, and hands-on exercises to cover everything from the design, development, and evaluation of secure computer systems to implementing confidentiality, integrity, authenticity, and privacy protection across networks systems.
This comprehensive approach to cybersecurity ensures that you are well-positioned to secure such roles as:
- Cybersecurity consultant
- Security analyst
- Information security architect
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Computer forensics expert
- Privacy-by-design consultant
- Security auditor
To enhance your learning, the programme also includes an opportunity to get real-world experience working in some of Europe’s leading coworking centres and innovation incubators. This is a one-of-a-kind chance to apply your new skills and knowledge towards solving actual cybersecurity challenges. You will also be able to augment your cybersecurity skills by taking tailored courses in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Unlock new career opportunities
Careers in cybersecurity are simply exploding, and this course gives you the training and skills to unlock a range of career opportunities – not only in IT, but also in designing products and services for the telecommunications, gaming, e-learning, web development, and entertainment sectors. Thanks to the specialised training in entrepreneurship this programme provides, you’ll also be well-positioned to launch your own start-up or consultancy.
Ready to join their ranks? Then enrol today and start driving the digital transformation with Cybersecurity!
Our Cybersecurity Master’s programme is open to applicants with either a Bachelor of Science degree or who are in their final year of study in:
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering
Applicants with reasonable knowledge of the fundamentals of computing and information sciences and technologies may also be considered. In some circumstances, relevant work experience may compensate for a lack of relevant degree. Such work experience should be justified in your letter of motivation.
All EIT Digital Master School programmes follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year at an ‘entry’ university and one year at an ‘exit’ university, both of which are located at an EIT Digital hot spot.
- The first year is similar at all entry points, with a focus on basic courses that lay the foundation for the chosen technical programme. Students are also introduced to business and management during this first year. During the second semester, a design project is combined with business development exercises to demonstrate how technology can be transformed into a successful business. Students are also taught how to prepare and present a convincing business plan. Students have the option to take elective courses.
- In between the first year and the second year, our summer school programme addresses business opportunities within a socially relevant theme.
- The second year offers a specialisation and a graduation project. The graduation project includes an internship at a company or a research institute and cumulates with a Master thesis having a strong innovation and entrepreneurship dimension.
- Graduates receive degrees from the two universities and a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
To learn more about the I&E minor please click here.