Programmes & Degrees

What does 'Mobility' mean?

Mobility enriches our students' experience in many ways throughout their education journey. Not only do they study at two different universities in two different European countries, but they also travel to kick-off events, and summer schools to meet other students, business partners and professionals. Learning about cultural and language differences enables our students to become experts in their technical field and succeed as leaders in global markets.

What degree(s) would I receive from the EIT Digital master programme?

Students, who complete the EIT Digital master's programme, will receive a degree from both universities in their individual study plan, i.e. a double degree. They also earn an EIT Label Certificate, documenting the EIT Digital-specific learning outcomes.

What does 'Innovation and Entrepreneurship' mean?

Besides fundamental knowledge in the main technical area of studies, students learn how to drive their innovations to market. The master's thesis –which the students prepare in collaboration with a company–, includes a business plan for the commercial exploitation of their project. A basic course in Innovation and Entrepreneurship and the Business Labs Course are vital parts of this module.

What are Co-Location Centres?

EIT Digital is organised in nodes located in Eindhoven, Helsinki, Madrid, London, Stockholm and Trento. Each one has a Co-Location Centre where students, researchers, and business partners come together to share and create ideas. The CLC is a place for you to network both in-person and in the video-café, but also for other extracurricular activities such as Summer Schools.

What are the career opportunities?

You may read about career opportunities in each programme description (bottom of the page): https://masterschool.eitdigital.eu/programmes/

In addition, you may get a better idea of job prospects for EIT graduates by checking the EIT Alumni Foundation: https://alumni.eitdigital.eu

Application & Admissions

Can both European and non-European students apply to the EIT Digital master's programmes?


How do I apply to the EIT Digital Master School?

Please see detailed instructions and video guides here.

What is the difference between application period 1, 2 and 3? May I apply in all periods?

Admission decisions from period 2 and 3 are announced quite late, and leave little time for coordinating visas and/or residence permits. Therefore, period 2 and 3 are mostly aimed at EU students who do not need to apply for a visa/residence permit.

If you applied for a programme in period 1 but did not get admitted or rejected the study offer, you can apply again in period 2 or 3 to the remaining programmes (not to the same programme(s)).

If you applied and were admitted in period 1 (i.e. you accepted the study offer), you cannot apply for any programme in period 2 or 3.

Do I have to pay an application fee?

Yes, there is an application as well as a registration fee. Please see the exact amounts and due dates here.

If I apply as an EU citizen in period 1, will non-EU citizens get priority over me?

No, all applicants have equal chances of getting admitted in both periods regardless of their citizenship. As admission decisions from period 2 are announced quite late, and leave little time for coordinating visas and/or residence permits, we recommend that non-EU students apply in period 1.

Is there a quota for the number of applicants admitted in period 1 and 2? Are spots reserved for period 2 applicants?

There is no such quota. All applicants who answer the admission criteria will be admitted regardless of the application period. Nor are there such quotas per programme.

Can I apply to more than one programme?

It is possible to send one application for each of the seven EIT Digital Master School programmes. Kindly note that it is not allowed to submit an application for the same programme twice (i.e. twice in the same period or once in each application period).

Please check here that you have a relevant bachelor’s degree and/or skill set for the programme(s) you wish to apply for.

Please note the following:

  • You apply to one programme per application
  • After creating the first application, you need to contact us at masterschool@eitdigital.com to be able to create additional applications in the application portal
  • You will need to pay the application fee for each submitted application
  • If you applied in one period and were admitted (i.e. you accepted the study offer), you cannot apply for any programme in the subsequent period(s)
  • If you are admitted to more than one programme, you can only accept one of the study offers
  • If you applied for a programme in one period but did not get admitted or rejected the study offer, you can apply again in the subsequent period(s) to the remaining programmes (not to the same programme(s))

I am in my final year of studies. Can I still apply?

Students in their final year of undergraduate education may also apply and, if qualified, receive a conditional offer. If you have not completed your studies, please include a written statement from the degree administration office (or equivalent department), confirming that you are enrolled in the final year of your education and including your expected completion date.

If you receive a conditional offer, you should present your degree certificate to your entry university as soon as possible and before enrollment. Applicants following longer technical programmes and who have completed courses equivalent to an amount of 180 ECTS, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Which length of the degree should I indicate in the application if I studied 1 year less/more than the official study period?

An applicant should state the official length of the degree. If this is a 4-year bachelor’s degree, you should state 4 years even if the actual studies took less time (e.g. you completed your bachelor’s degree in 3 years).

I am already studying the same master's programme at one of the partner universities. I am in my first year of studies and want to join EIT Digital Master School for the second year. Is this possible?

Yes, this is possible. There is a concept we call Parallel-Entry Students (PES) – those who study their first year of the programme locally at ‘entry university’, not as part of the EIT Digital double degree programme. They are called ‘parallel’ because they study the same programme as other EIT Digital students but do not count as such because they are enrolled in the local version of the programme.

Please review our website and consider if you would like to apply to EIT Digital during the next application period. You may also find some helpful advice if you discuss this idea with your contact(s) at the university you will soon begin studying at. If you decide you would like to apply as a PES, your first step is to inform your university contact. They will direct you to the next steps.

If I applied last year but was not admitted or was admitted but rejected the study offer, will it affect my chances in the current application round?

The fact that you had already applied previously, will have no direct negative effect on your chances of getting admitted next time. One competes with other applicants within each application round. It means that your chances of being admitted depend not only on your own academic merits and professional achievements, but also on merits and achievements of the rest of the students applying at the same time.

Are applicants admitted on a rolling basis or in batches?

Applicants are admitted in two batches corresponding to period 1 and 2. An applicant who submitted their application on the first day of the application period has the same chances of getting admitted as an applicant who submitted their application on the last day.

Do you offer any scholarships?

Please check this page to learn more about available scholarships and grants.

When and how will I know if I have been accepted to the EIT Digital Master’s Education and if I have been granted a scholarship?

Please see the deadlines here.

If I am accepted to the EIT Digital Master’s Education, does this mean I will receive a scholarship?

No. A student can be admitted even if he/she is not chosen to receive a scholarship.  Applicants should be prepared to pay the tuition fees and other required costs of participating in the programme.

What do I do if I have problems creating a user account at the EIT Digital Application Portal?

Please contact us at masterschool@eitdigital.eu.

How to apply on the portal? Check our step-by-step application tutorial below!

Required Documents

Should I upload certified copies or original documents in the EIT Digital Application Portal?

Please upload the original, colour, scanned version of your degree certificate and transcript of records. If this is not possible, photocopies of your degree certificate, transcript of records and statements should be stamped and signed by the degree administrations office (or equivalent department) of the issuing institution, or by a Notary Public.

Please note some students are required to send hard copies, see below. Applications that are not supported by official documents will not be processed. Statements made by professors or the heads of departments are not accepted. 

Do I need to send hard copies of my documents?

For some applicants, yes. You do not need to send hard copies of the application documents, unless your degree was awarded in Bangladesh, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, or USA. Then an official transcript of records must be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the issuing university. Degrees awarded in Pakistan need to be attested by the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan. Colour copies are accepted, but they must bear the original HEC stamp and not a copy of the stamp. The verified documents must be sent in an envelope sealed by HEC.

The documents should be sent to:

KTH Admissions Office
Att: EIT Digital Master School Office
Brinelllvägen 8
SE-100 44 Stockholm

How should the HEC-verified documents be sent from Pakistan to the Admissions Office?

Each page of the transcript of records and the degree certificate has to be stamped and signed by HEC. In case of on-going studies, the current/latest version of your transcript of records only must be stamped and signed by HEC.

You can send the HEC envelope to us using a courier service of your choice. You should put the sealed HEC envelope into a new envelope. The HEC envelope should be closed and untampered with. The Admissions Office in Sweden must receive the documents by the deadline.

Can I translate the application documents myself?

No. A translation of official documents (Transcripts and Degree certificate) must be made by a licensed translator.

Is there a specific format for the CV?

No. There is no specific format for the CV.

Is there a specific format for the Motivation Letter?

Technology, Innovation & Entrepreneurship are key features of the EIT Digital Master School. The letter of motivation is your chance to communicate to the selection committee your personal interest in these concepts and the programme to which you are applying, and why you are a good fit:

  • explain why you wish to join the EIT Digital Master School, and the specific programme
  • and present/propose your innovative entrepreneurial idea. It is up to you how you present it. You may choose to identify a problem in your area of interest and propose products or services to address the problem.

Please be aware that plagiarism is not tolerated in the EIT Digital Master school. Before preparing this letter, please familiarise yourself with the concepts Cheating and Plagiarism


  • Max 2 pages (could be one page of summary and one additional page for details)
  • As the letter is attached within your application, there is no need to format it with addressing, salutations, or signature.  
  • The content of the letter is what matters. 


My professor would like to send the recommendation letter directly to the Admissions Office. Is it possible?

Your supervisor or professor may send the recommendation letter directly to masterschool@eitdigital.eu only in case you are unable to upload it yourself in the Application Portal.

Can I submit a copy of my TOEFL score report? I am afraid it won’t reach you until after the deadline for submitting documents.

Yes, you can upload the Test Taker Score Report given to you by ETS. The EIT Digital Master School Office verifies all tests online, so your appointment number and date of birth must be clearly visible. If you pay for ETS to send your results to the EIT Digital Master School: Institution code 0210, Dept 99, it will be easier for us to verify it, but it is not required.

I have all my required documents ready except for my TOEFL scores. Can I submit my TOEFL score after the deadline?

No. You cannot submit your TOEFL score after the deadline. The application deadline is the same for all application documents.

How do I to submit my IELTS test result: do I ask my test centre to send it to you, or should I upload an attested copy?

You can upload a copy of the IELTS result together with your other documents. The copy does not have to be attested. IELTS tests are verified online by the Admissions Office, so uploading a photocopy of your test results is sufficient.

My B.Sc. programme was in English but I have not taken an IELTS or TOEFL test. Do I have the requirements for English proficiency?

English proficiency tests are waived (not required) for applicants who:

  • have completed a degree instructed in English at a university that is physically located in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.

Some of the entry universities have additional tests or exemptions. Please see the information given under University-Specific Language Tests and Exemptions.

Please note that if you fulfil the requirements of an Entry University but not the general English proficiency requirements, this may have implications on your eligibility for some of the exit universities.

I am unable to provide a generally accepted English test score. Do I still have a chance to apply?

You can still apply without one of the generally accepted tests, but the number of universities you may choose will be limited. Look under University-specific language tests and exemptions and find any that accept:

  • a) the test result you do have, or
  • b) if you have completed a degree instructed in English at a university that is physically located in one of the generally applicable countries, such as USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand. Additional countries might be listed on University-specific language tests and exemptions.

For the exit year, you could also choose those that state 'As an exit university, XXX requires no further proof of English proficiency as long as year one of EIT Digital has been successfully completed at a partner university.'

I am a native English speaker, what should I upload as proof of English proficiency?

If your bachelor's degree is from an English-speaking country, please upload your bachelor's diploma under the B2 tab 'English proficiency'. More on English language requirements here.

I don’t have a GPA or a relative ranking. What do I do?

It is not mandatory to submit GPA or relative ranking. Please do not calculate your own GPA if it is not stated in your transcripts or degree certificate. In some cases, the ranking is stated in the transcripts, but you can also try to request this information from the administration of your university.


Who selects the students for the EIT Digital Master School?

The application and selection process is coordinated from Sweden by the KTH Admissions Office and the EIT Digital Master School Office.

Determining whether you fulfil the specific admission requirements for your technical major, and ranking the applicants is performed by the Selection Committee which is composed of academics involved in the programme at partner universities.

What are the selection criteria?

The ranking is based on a total evaluation of the following criteria:

  • Suitability of acquired bachelor degree for intended study program
  • Academic excellence (quality and recognition of home university, study success)
  • Entrepreneurial excellence
  • Innovative potential

Please be aware that being accepted to a programme does not guarantee that you will be assigned to your mobility option preference. Selected applicants will be offered a study track based on preference and availability. If an applicant cannot be offered a seat in the preferred study track, an alternative track will be offered.

How much does work experience contribute to the overall ranking of an application?

There is no generic answer to this question. In some cases, work experience might indeed compensate for lack of academic credentials in the relevant field of studies. Please make sure to present this argument in your motivation letter and CV.

It is the combination of such factors as the suitability of your bachelor's degree, academic excellence, relevant professional experience, entrepreneurial and innovative potential that the Selection Committee takes into account. Therefore, the answer to the question is individual and depends on the overall quality of the application. We cannot make any pre-assessments before you complete the application on the portal.

How can I make my application stand out?

Tip: Adding a 2-minutes maximum video pitch to your Motivation Letter can help your application stand out.

Newly Admitted

I was admitted to the programme. What are the next steps?

  1. Register for and attend the Welcome Webinar (you will receive the registration link).
  2. Accept or decline the study offer by the indicated deadline by following the link in the study offer email. If you decline the offer, please let us know why.
  3. Pay your first semester’s tuition fee by the indicated deadline.
  4. Visit your entry university's website to find the academic calendar.

Additional next steps will come from your entry university. You will receive an official Letter of Admission from your entry university with information about how to apply for a student visa/residence permit, important dates, accommodation and enrolment. You are expected to arrive in time and commence the studies according to their instructions.

Is accommodation provided?

Usually our partner universities either guarantee housing or help students find accommodation. Costs are not covered. Once you are admitted to the programme, you will receive more information about the services they offer.

Does EIT Digital assist with the visa/residence permit application?

For your visa application, you will need the certificates found under 'My Letters' tab in the application portal. Please note that the certificates all contain a unique 'Authenticity Check' link that proves the validity of the documents. If you do not accept the study offer, or if you do not pay the tuition invoice, they are invalidated.

Upon getting admitted, you will also receive the local Letter of Admission from your entry university which you can use for your visa application. It is the universities that will provide you with advice on the application process. We recommend beginning the process of a visa/residence permit as soon as you have accepted the study offer as these can take time.

During your first year at your entry university, you will apply for your visa for the study year at your exit university. Similar to the procedure at your entry university, you will receive detailed information from your exit university concerning visa application and accommodation.

When are local Letters of Admission sent out?

Your entry university will be informed that you have accepted the study offer and they will contact you with all the practical information you require towards enrolment of studies. This process can take 3-5 weeks. The administrators at our partner universities are provided with updates when you accept the study offer, and when you pay the first semester’s tuition fees.

Letters of Admission from exit university will be sent out the next spring i.e. during your second semester of studies.

Does EIT Digital provide insurance?

Yes. All EIT Digital students are provided with an emergency insurance valid during the 2 years of study. Insurance certificates will be provided after the admissions results are announced and will be available in 'My Letters' in the application portal.

More detailed information on insurance as well as local health and counselling services available at partner universities can be found in the application portal under the tab 'Student Health and Insurance'.

Is it possible to defer the study offer and start my studies next year instead?

No. We do not defer admission offers, but you are welcome to apply again next year. Please mention that you were already accepted once in the Motivation Letter.

Is it possible to change the programme after being admitted?

No. There is no possibility to change from one programme to another. The only way to do so would be to begin a new application for your programme of choice. If you are admitted to that programme, then you could possibly transfer some of the previously earned credits.

Could you assign a different entry university to me?

No. The entry university you are admitted to cannot be changed, as your admission to the programme is linked to the entry university.

I was not awarded a scholarship. Is there any other funding available to me?

Yes, besides scholarships offered by EIT Digital, you may also be eligible for other types of financial aid offered by our partner universities. More information with links and contact details can be found on the 'Local Funding' page in the application portal.

Do students receive travel allowances?

Travel within Europe to the Kick-Off Event and Summer School is usually covered by the EIT Digital. Other than that, the students need to organise their own travels.

What are the average living costs?

The living costs depend on the country or city you are living in and your personal lifestyle. Your entry or exit university can give you more information about the costs to be expected. For personal estimations, you can always ask our Student Ambassadors.

Scroll up

Co-Funded by the European Union