When our networks became overwhelmed with connected devices and streaming services, cloud computing saved the day. Now, the so-called ‘cloudification’ of networks is set to unleash a new era of smart connectivity – enabling everything from Industry 4.0 applications to autonomous vehicles, augmented reality, and urban infrastructure.
According to some studies, cloud computing is expected to create 1.6 million new jobs. To fill these roles, companies are actively seeking experts and specialists who understand the fundamentals of networking and cloud computing and can use their knowledge to drive innovative new business models. With our Cloud and Network Infrastructures programme, you will build the skills you need to compete for often high-paying jobs, and you will also have the confidence to lead the ‘cloudification’ starting on day one.
What you will gain
The interdisciplinary master's programme is designed to give you a comprehensive overview of network and cloud computing. We use a combination of face-to-face workshops, group activities, and hands-on exercises to cover a range of topics including network management, operation and design, cloud service and deployment models, implementation strategies and application design.
The Cloud and Networking Infrastructure programme also equips you with practical skills in, for example, edge and fog computing, blockchain technology, distributed ledgers, and next generation wireless technologies. All of this will leave you well-positioned to secure such roles as:
- Network designers
- Network planners
- ICT managers
- Cloud CTO
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Lead Software Developer
- Cloud Service Broker
- Cloud Alliance Manager
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Business Developer
- Product Manager
To enhance the learning experience, the programme includes an opportunity to apply your new skills and knowledge towards creating new products and services – even help bring them to market.
Unlock new career opportunities
Careers in cloud and network infrastructures are simply exploding. You will leave this programme with the training and skills needed to unlock a range of career opportunities. Our CNI graduates work in open innovation settings and leading technology companies, including in sectors as telecommunications, e-commerce, e-learning, web development, and cloud operations. Thanks to the specialised training in entrepreneurship this programme provides, some graduates have launched their own successful innovative start-ups and consultancies.
Ready to join their ranks? Then enrol today and start driving the digital transformation with Cloud and Network Infrastructures!
Is this Programme for Me?
Our Cloud and Network Infrastructures Master’s programme is open to applicants with either a Bachelor of Science degree or who are in their final year of study in:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
Applicants should have a basic understanding of mathematics, computer science, algorithms and data structures, software engineering, database systems, computer architectures, computer networks, and operating systems. In some circumstances, relevant work experience may compensate for the lack of relevant degree. Such work experience should be justified in your letter of motivation.
How is the Programme Structured?
All EIT Digital Master School programmes follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year at an ‘entry’ university and one year at an ‘exit’ university, both of which are located at an EIT Digital hot spot.
- The first year is similar at all entry points, with a focus on basic courses that lay the foundation for the chosen technical programme. Students are also introduced to business and management during this first year. During the second semester, a design project is combined with business development exercises to demonstrate how technology can be transformed into a successful business. Students are also taught how to prepare and present a convincing business plan. Students have the option to take elective courses.
- In between the first year and the second year, our summer school programme addresses business opportunities within a socially relevant theme.
- The second year offers a specialisation and a graduation project. The graduation project includes an internship at a company or a research institute and cumulates with a Master thesis having a strong innovation and entrepreneurship dimension.
- Graduates receive degrees from the two universities and a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
To learn more about the I&E minor please click here.