Smart, embedded systems are found everywhere in our daily lives, from mobile phones to household appliances, from robotic manufacturing systems to airplanes, satellites, healthcare devices, and even elevators.
With the rapid development of Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, our dependence on smart technology will only continue to increase, meaning companies are actively recruiting forward-thinking, creative engineers, innovators, system architects, and specialists equipped with the ability to innovate the embedded systems of tomorrow. Thanks to the Embedded Systems master's programme, you will acquire the skills and confidence to compete in this booming field.
The interdisciplinary master's programme is designed to equip you with all the insights on the role of embedded systems in a smart society, and the practical skills to transform innovative ideas into smart solutions. The master's curriculum will cover everything from the basics of embedded systems to the job-specific skills demanded by such roles as:
- Embedded systems and solutions engineer
- Robotic systems software engineer
- Embedded operating systems software developer
- Hardware engineer
- Wireless embedded software engineer
- Audio software systems engineer
- Autonomous vehicle systems engineer
- Automotive systems engineer
- Internet of Things solutions architect
- Software test engineer
- Embedded systems R&D test engineer
- Space vehicle software test and systems engineer
To enhance the learning experience, the programme includes an opportunity to apply your new skills and knowledge towards creating state-of-the-art services and solutions based on embedded systems.
Unlock new career opportunities
Careers in embedded systems are simply exploding. You will leave this programme with the knowledge and skills needed to unlock a range of career opportunities. Our graduates can be found working in open innovation settings and leading technology companies, including sectors as manufacturing, transportation, telecommunications, construction, agriculture, forestry, mining, energy, healthcare, and education. Some of them have gone on to launch their own successful innovative start-ups and consultancies.
Ready to join their ranks? Then apply today and start driving the digital transformation with Embedded Systems!
Our Embedded Systems Master’s programme is open to applicants with either a Bachelor of Science degree or who are in their final year of study in:
- Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- Communication Engineering
The studies should include at least 40 ECTS of ICT-oriented courses (computer science, computer engineering, programming, communications technology) and at least 20 ECTS of mathematics (calculus, algebra, statistics).
In some circumstances, relevant work experience may compensate for a lack of relevant degree. Such work experience should be justified in your letter of motivation.
All EIT Digital Master School programmes follow the same scheme:
- Students study one year at an ‘entry’ university and one year at an ‘exit’ university, both of which are located at an EIT Digital hot spot.
- The first year is similar at all entry points, with a focus on basic courses that lay the foundation for the chosen technical programme. Students are also introduced to business and management during this first year. During the second semester, a design project is combined with business development exercises to demonstrate how technology can be transformed into a successful business. Students are also taught how to prepare and present a convincing business plan. Students have the option to take elective courses.
- In between the first year and the second year, our summer school programme addresses business opportunities within a socially relevant theme.
- The second year offers a specialisation and a graduation project. The graduation project includes an internship at a company or a research institute and cumulates with a Master thesis having a strong innovation and entrepreneurship dimension.
- Graduates receive degrees from the two universities and a certificate awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
To learn more about the I&E minor please click here.